The main objective of the program is to provide students with the necessary tools to contribute to the improvement of the quality of reflection, analysis, planning and urban design, integrating social and technical aspects in their solutions.
It will enable students to:
- Transdisciplinary teamwork, overcoming the conventional limitation separating functions according to disciplines, advocating instead the alternative notion of design collaborative. Understand the project not as an instrument unique to architecture or engineering, but as the main vector of confluence of different professions involved in defining the city;
- Consider the transformation of the city and the urban environment as a positive force that involves a deep knowledge of preexistences and current and future needs. The dialectical relationship between the new and the existing as well as the process by which innovation can be achieved;
- Understand the impact and results of each action plan and specific design, focusing specifically on new lifestyles. The public space as aggregator of social identity and community. The role of social groups in shaping the contemporary city;
- Introduce creative and critical thinking about the identity of a particular place and the multiple possibilities of its beneficial transformation;
- Be able to perceive the importance of the territory and the landscape in the city. Work around the notion and practice of upcycling, urban agriculture and green corridors