Corporate programmes are tailored solutions for developing the professionals employed by organisations. They are designed to take into account the specific characteristics of each organisation and are aligned with and support corporate strategies.
- We adapt the master's and postgraduate programmes offered in the UPC School catalogue to each company's specific needs. We offer a wide range of programmes in the areas of knowledge the UPC specialises in.
- We create and deliver new training programmes custom designed to meet strategic needs related to technology and management.
We design learning activities and programmes, select the best instructors, and manage courses and training paths that develop participants’ technical competences, managerial skills, and ability to innovate.
The professionals who complete our programmes and achieve the required competences obtain a degree from the UPC.
All corporate programmes are designed based on the criteria and methodologies on quality assurance defined for the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
Validation and accreditation of professional competences (VAPC)
Validation and accreditation of professional competences (VAPC) is a system that makes it possible to accredit the experience and knowledge professionals have gained over their careers.
In the first stage of this process, the competences a professional has developed in his/her area of work are identified and a certificate of acquired competences is issued. This stage is carried out based on a process the University has established for analysing, assessing and evaluating competences.
In the second stage, candidates may seek to obtain a postgraduate certificate. The first step is to compare the competences acquired and certified with those students acquire in a UPC School postgraduate programme. This comparison identifies the competences that the candidate needs to acquire through complementary training. Once this training has been successfully completed, the professional obtains a master’s, postgraduate or lifelong learning diploma from the UPC.
Comprehensive corporate development plans
We can design and implement comprehensive talent retention and development plans for organisations. Projects of this kind advance and develop training, motivation, and the alignment of an organisation’s knowledge with its strategies.
At the UPC School we analyse each client’s needs and provide the most appropriate corporate development solutions. We prepare analyses to diagnose personnel training needs, advise clients on the development of training plans, and provide the most suitable methodological solutions in each case.
BETTER MANAGEMENT OF INTERNAL TALENT
- We design programmes and activities to develop competences using innovative, participatory methodologies.
- Through such actions, we link the development of individual competences to the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- We ensure rigour and academic quality across diverse training actions.
STRENGTHENING CORPORATE CULTURE
- We design activities that enhance communication between the different departments or companies that comprise an organisation.
- We plan activities that promote the exchange of best practices between employees.
- We strengthen the feeling of belonging by conveying the organisation’s corporate culture and values.
COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- We set up learning-office structures – multidisciplinary teams that cover all the services involved in needs analysis and in the design, planning, coordination and management of training activities.
BRINGING TALENT BACK TO THE ORGANISATION
- We propose actions aimed at evaluating and improving the activity.
- We plan actions to monitor the transfer of knowledge to the workplace.
Major training projects
At the UPC School we design, implement and manage training plans that cover large populations and broad geographical areas. Plans are directed towards large groups of people linked to companies and institutions.
We handle all aspects of the training process, including analysis of the specific training needs of the group concerned, monitoring the learning activity, and subsequent evaluation of project outcomes.
The involvement of the Corporate Solutions team in major training projects covers the following stages:
- Selecting and training the teaching staff that best match the characteristics of the project.
- Defining the most appropriate learning methods for each training project.
- Developing training plans and specific teaching materials.
- Coordinating and supervising all aspects of the activity to ensure quality.
- Defining improvement measures and new training proposals.
Learning through new technologies
At the UPC School we make the most of new technologies. Our team creates e-learning and blended learning projects and activities designed to facilitate online learning and the exchange of knowledge.
We adapt methodologies to each training activity and put them at the service of the groups we train and the objectives pursued.
We offer this service in two forms:
We create virtual classrooms where all students are connected at the same time and interact with the instructor within a system that simulates a face-to-face class. Students interact, communicate and do group work while the instructor checks and evaluates exercises in real time.
We design virtual campuses for asynchronous training, where participants learn, participate and communicate with each other but don’t need to be connected at the same time.
Our role is to provide a comprehensive service that includes the production of training materials, preparation, the teaching-learning process, and evaluation:
- Our multidisciplinary team of collaborators can effectively cover the entire process of producing training material: methodological concepts, authorship, defining how the material will be used for learning, and production in different formats (manuals, interactive, multimedia).
- We manage and coordinate all aspects of the online training process: preparation of materials, selection and training of instructors, ensuring that activities are dynamic, attention and monitoring of students, and evaluation of the activity.
- We adapt the virtual campus based on each organisation’s graphic and functional requirements.
Talent Recruitment Programmes
We facilitate the recruitment of new talent by organisations. The goal is to prepare professionals to take up positions by providing them with training based on the client organisation’s specific needs, and to align this preparation with the company’s strategies and the challenges it faces. Highly specialised programmes combine the acquisition of knowledge and skills with work placements.
The service comprises three stages:
Analysis of an organisation’s needs, definition of job profiles, and selection of candidates.
Design and implementation of initial and strategic training for the organisation. Training is based on specific needs and oriented towards the hiring of candidates.
BRINGING TALENT INTO THE ORGANISATION
Once candidates have successfully completed their training, they receive a degree from the UPC training programme and are hired by the organisation.