- Air conditioning. Environmental thermal comfort. Basic energy balance in a building's system.
- Description of an air-conditioning installation. Calculating the loads on a building's system. Psychometrics. The bases of theory.
- Cold-hot air generating system. Selecting and specifying units. Sizing. Fans. Pumps.
- Heat recovery. Control and regulating system. Diagrams.
- General criteria for ventilating spaces. Determining required airflow. Applicable regulations.
- Ventilation systems. Ambient air renewal. Localised intakes.
- Ventilator fans: types and characteristics. Air circulation through ducts.
- Building insulated ducts with fibreglass insulation. Acoustic attenuation in ventilation ducts and air-conditioning.
- Basic hydrostatic principles.
- Pressure loss. Water installation regulations.
- Estimating and calculating flows.The different types of tubes and gauges.
- Pumps and pressure groups.Calculating and designing water pumping stations.
- Industrial installations. Domestic Hot Water (DHW) installations.
- Preliminary considerations. Fundamental concepts.
- The structure of a sanitation network. Calculations for sanitation systems.
- Basic concepts of purification. Water treatment.
- Components sanitisation network. Mechanical calculations for underground plumbing.
1.5. Greywater and rainwater installations in buildings
- Greywater installations: Water consumption studies in buildings. Current legislation. Centralized and de-centralized units. Devices. Treatment, sizing and design of units.
- Rainwater installations: Legislation, structure, sizing and design of rainwater rendering installations. Elements, treatment and additional maintenances.
- Basic principles. Available solar energy. Calculation methods. Climate zones, orientation, inclination, etc. Calculating the surface area for solar energy collection. Calculations for the different parts of the installation.
- Types of solar collectors. Adjustment and control.
- Maintenance and regulations. RITE (Thermal installation code in buildings), CTE (Technical building code), etc.
- Introduction to the theory of air. The different parts of a pneumatic installation. Regulations.
- The qualities and constraints of compressed air. Calculations for sections and pressure loss. Maintenance.
- Plan of action for a compressed air installation.
- Applicable rules and regulations. Design and location criteria for pipes, parts and accessories.
- Gas installation applications.
- Natural gas installation schemes. The components of a gas installation.
- Installations that require a project.
- Applications for gas in commercial and industrial locations. Proper location and connection conditions for connecting a natural gas installations. Permanent and mobile Liquefied Petroleum Gas tanks.Symbols. Preliminary measurement for gas installations. The working project for gas installation in a building.
2.1. Oil Hydraulics Installations
- Oil hydraulic energy transmission systems.
- Oils used in oil hydraulic systems. Properties and grades.
- Pumps. Actuators. Cylinders and motors.
- Conventional techniques: pressure measurement and directional control valves. Accumulators. Common configurations.
- Proportional techniques: common configurations.
- CEN and ISO general regulations.
- Oil hydraulic installation maintenance.
2.2. Electrical Installations.
- Introduction to low-voltage electrical installation and relating regulations.
- Parts or elements of an electrical installation.
- Governing regulations.
- Indoor domestic installations. Levels of electrification. Points of use, number and features of circuits. Direct and indirect contacts. Ground installations. Section calculation.
- Implementing regulations, calculation criteria and selecting components.
- Installations in industries and services. Analyzing the needs.
- Electrical distribution: main electric switchboard, secondary switchboards, lines and channels.
- Selecting conductors and protections.
- Public buildings. Additional supply. Network commuting.
- Compensating reactive energy.
- Electric frame. Current legislation. Electricity rates. Reactive energy.
- Energy-saving in industrial and commercial installations.
- Practical cases.
2.3. Lighting Installations.
- Light: concepts and intensity. Light sources and the technology behind them.
- Lights: components, characteristics and photometry.
- Lighting projects: parameters and regulations. Interior and industrial lighting.
- Lighting projects: exterior lighting. Regulations, intensity, light pollution and calculations.
2.4. Single Installations. Power generators.
- Main Elements of a power generator. Functioning modes.
- Technical features and functioning modes.
- Control systems and commuters between generator and grids.
- Generator synchronizing.
- Mechanical installation. Location criteria.
- Vibrations. Cooling and ventilation.
- Electrical installation: Ground posts. Soundproofing.
- Regulations. Legislation.
- Power calculation criteria for generators.
- Operation under non-lineal loads.
- Starting asynchronous motors.
- Calculating the necessary generator power for an installation. Case Study.
2.5. Fire prevention and safety installations.
- Introduction to fire. Flammable materials. Exterior agents. Fire extinguishing equipment and installations.
- Fire alarm and detection system installation: control centres. Sirens. Fire extinguishing devices, equipment and systems organised according to the origin and type of fire. Compartmentalisation and evacuation. Water based extinguishing systems. Storage tanks. Extinguishing fire using interior and exterior fire hydrants.
- Rules and regulations. Building code. Fire safety rules regulations for industrial spaces. Fire prevention installation regulations and UNE-EN regulations.
2.6. Fluid gas installations
- Basic principles of vapour. Boiler rooms units. Vapour distribution.
- Selecting valves, levers and controls. Traps. Sizing.
- Calculating and detecting leakages. Condensate recovery.