- Basic concepts about environmental areas and vectors and the associated cartography.
- Adequate understanding of the technical development of the Departamento de Medio Ambiente de Catalunya (The Catalonian Department of the Environment) in terms of natural space management.
- Broad understanding of experiences and case studies of environmental GIS implementation.
- Creation, organisation and management of information about natural spaces using GIS tools.
- Adequate understanding of natural and environmental resource analysis and management of information resources.
- Perform collection, integration and processing of environmental information using IT resources available on an open network.
- Make environmental impact studies, vulnerability maps and other environmental analyses using GIS tools.
- Technical ability to create, organise and generate new environmental information using GIS tools.
- Research into local plans of action and Agenda 21 plans for tracking urban transformation.