After completing this course students will be able to:
1. Know the simulation techniques used in the development process of the bodywork structure and its components.
2. Identify the CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) tools applied nowadays in the car industry, the application areas and the most common load cases.
3. Interpret the results obtained with the different CAE disciplines, and to know how they are used in the decision making processes.
4. Understand the geometry optimization process through the use of CAE techniques, by studying practical examples
5. Know the main virtual development processes of bodyworks: DMU, tolerance management and virtual reality, among others.