This website uses cookies

The website of the Fundació Politècnica de Catalunya uses its own and third-party cookies to improve the browsing experience and for statistical purposes. For more information about cookies you can consult the cookie policy.

Accept only selected ones
Allow all cookies
Show details

Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Learn more about who we are, how you can contact us and how we process personal data in our privacy Policy.
When contacting us regarding your consent, please indicate your identification and the date of your consent.

Necessary :

Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.

Name Provider Purpose Expiry Type
lang Save the web display language 2 years HTTP
politica_cookie Save the general consent of cookies in the current domain. 1 year HTTP
cookie_estadistiques Save the consent of statistical cookies in the current domain. 1 year HTTP
cookie_marketing Save the consent of marketing cookies in the current domain. 1 year HTTP
PHPSESSID Preserves user session state across page requests. Sessió HTTP
CONSENT [x3] Google Used to detect if the visitor has accepted the marketing and analytics category in the cookie banner. This cookie is necessary for GDPR-compliance of the website. 2 years HTTP
Statistics :

Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.

Name Provider Purpose Expiry Type
_ga Google Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. 2 years HTTP
_ga_# Google Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. 2 years HTTP
_gat Google Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate 1 day HTTP
_gid Google Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. 1 day HTTP
Marketing :

Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.

Name Provider Purpose Expiry Type
last_campaign Save the last campaign for which the user has reached the website. 6 months HTTP
campaign_XX Save the last campaign for which the user has reached the website. 6 months HTTP
ads/ga-audiences Google Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor's online behaviour across websites. S Sessió Pixel
NID Google Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user's device. The ID is used for targeted ads. 6 months HTTP
bcookie LinkedIn Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services. 2 years HTTP
bscookie LinkedIn Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services. 2 years HTTP
lidc Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services. 1 day HTTP
i/jot Twitter Inc. Sets a unique ID for the visitor, that allows third party advertisers to target the visitor with relevant advertisement. This pairing service is provided by third party advertisement hubs, which facilitates real-time bidding for advertisers. Session Pixel
_fbp [x2] Meta Platforms, Inc. Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers. 3 months HTTP

Campus in maintenance
User and / or password incorrect
You have no active environment
Your access has been restricted. Consultation with the department of administration
Due to technical problems, the virtual campus is inaccessible. We are working to solve it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Username is not an email
Start   >  Master's & postgraduate courses  >  Students services
Before your travel

Students from countries in the European Union (EU) do not need to undertake any official procedures before coming to Spain. However, students from EU countries must apply for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in their country of origin, through their country's equivalent body to the Spanish Social Security.

Students from countries outside the EU wishing to come to Spain to study for a period of more than three months must do the following:

  • Apply for a student visa at the Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country. It is important to apply as soon as possible, since at most embassies it takes at least three months to complete the process of issuing the visa.
  • Arrange private health insurance.
During your stay

Students from EU countries who are going to be in Spain for longer than three months must register with the European Union Citizens Register.

Students from countries that are not EU member states must do the the following:

  • Register in the city of residence, after finding somewhere to live in Spain.
  • Apply for your first non-EU student card. This card contains your foreigner's identity number and certifies your legal status in Spain. It must be applied for within 30 days of your arrival in Spain.
Legalisation of certificates

Legalization is the authentication of a document by the competent authorities in the country where the document was issued.

You must have a legalized university certificate to obtain the master's or postgraduate degree certificate issued by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.

The procedure varies depending on the country of origin of the studies or certificate.

Students from countries of the European Union or signatories to the European Economic Area Agreement do not require the photocopy of their certificate to be legalized. For students from these countries see the translation of certificates section below.

The legalization of the certificate is also not necessary for citizens of Switzerland, due to a bilateral agreement with the EU.

For other foreign students, certificates must be legalized according to the following conditions:

  • Documents issued in countries that have signed the hague convention. The single legalization or apostille issued by the country's competent authorities is sufficient.

    See the list of signatory countries.

  • Documents issued in other countries. These must be legalized through diplomatic channels. The document must bear the stamps of:
    • The Ministry of Education of the country of origin.
    • The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin.
    • Spanish diplomatic representation in the country of origin.
  • Documents issued by diplomatic or consular authorities of other countries in Spain. These must be legalized at the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Translation of certificates

Documents or certificates in a foreign language other than Catalan or Spanish must be translated into that language as stipulated in Article 15 of Law 39/2015 of 26 October 1, on the Common Administrative Procedure of the Public Administrations.

As a consequence of this law, the regulations governing these procedures require that documents issued abroad must be accompanied by an official translation into Spanish or Catalan.

Official translations can be performed by:


The School of Professional & Executive Development is located in Catalonia, a region that, due to its unique historical and cultural situation, enjoys significant political autonomy within Spain. Catalan and Spanish are the official languages of Catalonia. 93% of the inhabitants of Catalonia can understand Catalan, 68% can speak it and 67% can write it. Both languages are derived from Latin and have much in common.

Social attitudes towards both languages are cordial and flexible. Both are used freely in day-to-day affairs and it is quite common for people to switch from one to the other or to have bilingual group conversations.

If you are interested in learning Catalan, we suggest you contact:

Language and Terminology Service (UPC)
Campus Diagonal Nord, Edificio VX. Pl. Eusebi Güell, 6
08034 Barcelona (España)
(34) 93 401 74 97


To find accommodation in Barcelona, the city's universities have an agreement with Barcelona University Centre and its centralized booking centre, Resa Housing, which will advise you on the accommodation options that are available to you (halls of residence, shared flats, rented flats, living with a family, etc.), their cost and the requirements for finalising a contract.

Resa Housing
C/ Torrent de l’Olla, 219
08012 Barcelona. Spain
Metro: L3 Lesseps
(34) 93 238 90 72

Contact us

International Mobility Service
(34) 93 112 08 07