Subject of each graduate will follow a logical order of learning and practice to achieve optimal knowledge of each of the tools:
- Explanation and clarification of concepts and the physical parameters and software building utiliza.
- Learn step by step and use the program.
- Preparation and understanding of results.
- Implementation of specific regulations.
- Preparation of reports and assessments of different energy cases.
- Definition of thermal comfort.
- Introduction to passive cooling strategies.
- Generation and study of psychometric charts.
- Sunpath study.
- Generation of climate data and data bases for any location.
- Get files in different formats for weather analysis.
- Visualization and analysis of meteorological variables.
- Application example: study of the Mediterranean climate.
- Meteocat, EERE, MICT: Importing climate data from reliable sources.
- Interpretation and correction of climatic variables obtained from other sources .dat, .wea.
Presentation of climatic charts.
- Treatment and presentation of climatic data.
- Excel Data Management: Definition of ranges, dynamic graphs, basic functions and macros.
- Data import .csv
- Final presentation and preparation of the basis for the energy report.
- Class introduction to physical and architectural concepts.
- Radiation, types and effects.
- Solar radiation.
- Filters for reflection and transmission types.
- Shading factor, sunscreen and modified solar factor.
- Thermal effects and lighting effects of solar radiation
- Lighting parameters, visual comfort and lighting levels according to use and daylighting factors.
- Generation of images for the study of light levels.
- Optimization of thermal building performance considering solar models.
- Renewable energy (photovoltaic, solar thermal, etc.)
- Case studies and methodology for the energy report.
Software ECOTEC *
- Solar geometry, radiation, solar charts and shadows study.
- Calculation and quantification of solar radiation in the building.
- Solar access to the building.
- Dimensioning, verification and optimization of sun protection.
* Due to the constant evolution and development of new tools, Ecotect can be replaced in the next edition of the course.
- Introduction of the physical parameters and natural and artificial HVAC
- The energy balance of the human being. The hygrothermal comfort of a local
- The RITE: partial and simultaneous maximum hygrothermal loads. Sensible and latent. The psychrometric abacus.
- External conditions, basic parameters.
- Interior destabilizing factors of a local thermal comfort (summer, winter).
- Formulas for loads calculation.
- Transmittance (Resistance to conduction and convection), solar factor, convection and radiation effect on opaque and transparent surfaces.
- Introduction to EnergyPlus and "green building" format: building and zoning.
- DesignBuilder models: status, hierarchy, shapes and elements
- Parameterization: Surround properties, thermal bridges, space installations, facade obstacles and shadows, etc.
- Dynamic thermal simulations without facilities.
- Virtual design of heating systems.
- Parameterization for the building heating and cooling.
- Dynamic thermal simulations of the facility. Energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Strategies to reduce demand with active systems and improving energy rating.
- Equivalent to CO2 emissions, primary energy and Tep
- Economic consumption and amortization
- Demand reduction with passive strategies.
- Dimensioning, verification and monitoring of performance of the building with/without thermal installations.
- Rapid development of comparative reports drawing conclusions and decision making
- Editing results. Energy and economic consumption and amortization.
- Heat transfer analysis 2D (two dimensional) through construction materials.
- Draw the cross sections of the windows, walls and other building elements
- Generate analysis mesh and heat transfer algorithms for finite element.
- Introduction to the Rite and performance standards for renovation and air treatment.
- The density and air stratification.
- Ventilation systems: natural, mechanical and mixed
- The logic of air movement. Fluid dynamics.
- Natural ventilation, thermal draft and dynamic pressure. Consequences of changes in outside air temperature (daily and seasonal).
- Ventilation and air conditioning. Heat recovery (sensible and latent) of the exhaust air. Controlled and uncontrolled ventilation. Control procedures.
- Ventilation and energy consumption. Ventilation and noise.
- Maintaining indoor air quality.
Software CFD-DESIGNBUILDER and PHOENICS
- DesignBuilder simulation based on the thermal calculations of surfaces and indoor temperatures.
- CFD Engine: interior and exterior aerodynamic analysis of buildings
- Study of velocity, temperature and pressure of the indoor air.
- Verification of passive systems related to solar radiation: Trombe wall, solar chimney, wind towers and ventilated facades.
- Passive systems, geothermal air tubes pretreatment and wind towers.
- Strategies for the reduction in consumption with air renewal strategies.
- Comparison of aerodynamic properties between proposals.
- Comparative study of PPD index (% of dissatisfied) and PMV.